The HMONP (meaning "accreditation of a qualified State Architect to exercise his profession in his own name") is a post-qualification diploma open only to people with a State Architect Diploma. The training allows architects to acquire, deepen and update their knowledge in three fields.
- The personal responsibilities of the technical manager: creation and management of architecture firms, deontological principles, negotiations of missions (contracts, insurance, etc.), relations with partners (joint contracting, etc.), worksite management and techniques.
- Project economics: determine objective costs, relations with players (economists, engineering design offices, enterprises, etc.).
- Regulations, construction standards, usages …
This accreditation is acquired through "work in a professional situation" ("MSP") or by "validation of acquired experience" ("VAE").
The training is accessible only to architects holding a State Architect Diploma or another diploma accepted as equivalent, obligatorily employees if they wish to register for MSP, but without such a condition for VAE requests.
Work in a professional situation (MSP) is supervised by the enterprise or the participating organization and by the school. For this purpose a contract is signed by the enterprise, the school and the student. It specifies that a participating State Architect is considered to be a student of ENSA Nantes.
The HMONP training involves 150 hours of theoretical teaching comprising:
- A starter seminar "Businesses" (2-4 October 2014),
- 5 modules (3 days a month, Thursday, Friday and Saturday) from January to May 2014, plus a "dissertation supervision" module,
- A written professional dissertation of 40 to 50 pages,
- An oral examination which, along with the dissertation, serves to validate the training.
Applicants must submit an application file which is examined by an evaluation commission.
From the start, the work in a professional situation is supervised by a designated teacher (the "tutor") who directs the studies. This responsibility is important in this training.
The teaching includes theoretical courses, a dissertation, and a final oral examination before a jury.
The application file can be found on the ENSA Nantes website every year in July.